Saturday, March 7, 2009

Wonder Woman DVD Good For Girls (and geek boys)


Well, I just watched the new Wonder Woman DVD and must say I'm quite impressed. I was REALLY disappointed with the Superman: Doomsday DVD but this one was pretty good. I got the movie for my four year old daughter and she really liked it. We got our copy from Best Buy so she got a free Wonder Woman action figure to go along with the movie. She's laying in bed sleeping with it right now.

As far as the animation goes I think they did a great job. Once again, much better than Doomsday. And I was pleasantly surprised that Nathan Fillion from Firefly/Serenity fame did voice work for the movie. I really liked the story, not really knowing much about the Wonder Woman origins or Greek mythology I think the writers did a great job. As the father of a little girl I was real happy with how they portrayed most of the women as strong and independent. I've always tried to teach my daughter that women are just as good if not better than men and that they can do whatever they set thier minds to. This movie really reinforced those ideas.

And from the Geeks point of view animated Wonder Woman makes me squirt!!!!! I predict lots of nerd/fan boy sock babies being made to this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and let me know what a jackass I am!