Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Divinity #1 Review






I have been really interested in getting into the Valiant Universe. They’ve been building their own superhero universe over there for sometime now. While D.C. and Marvel are well known for their company wide story lines and character crossovers, Valiant has also been creating their own shared universe.



So, one day I decide to dive into this new Verse. My first stop was the company website. I wanted to see what their suggested reading order was. Before I found what I was looking for, my attention was drawn to an article about a lost Russian astronaut with God-like powers and something else that reminded me of Stanly Kubrick’s 2001: A Space Odyssey.



The article had me hooked!



This was going to be the story of a Russian astronaut sent on a mission to explore the farthest reaches of space, before America had made it to the moon. Returning to Earth with God-like powers, the series follows the worlds reaction to this new being and the mystery surrounding his return.



Divinity #1introduces us to the young Russian orphan who would become a God, Abram Adams. Raised by the state, Abram showed exceptional skill in science. Eventually, he was chosen for the mission that would take him to the stars.



The first issue doesn’t give much away about what we will see in the rest of the series, but it does a good job of endearing the reader to this character. Grounding a god-like character to the Earth and humanity by first showing him as an orphan on a doorstep was brilliant!



I don’t want to give too much of the first issue away, so I’ll stop here. I think this issue dropped last week so check out your local comic shop and get your self a copy. Throw this one in your pull list!








via Blogger http://ift.tt/1MTaLww



via Tumblr http://ift.tt/1Bet9v5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and let me know what a jackass I am!